Have your say! From starting a conversation to debating the big issues, UKPW is a great opportunity to ask questions, think critically and get involved with the UK Parliament on issues that matter to you! And with schools, museums, libraries, faith communities and youth organisations representing every constituency across the United Kingdom, you’ll be part of a wide conversation about our democracy and your UK Parliament.
In 2018, UKPW reached almost a million people, with over 8,100 events. This year’s UK Parliament Week festival will be the largest ever and we can’t wait to see all the fantastic activities that will be taking place.
We can’t wait to send you all a fantastic UK Parliament Week kit to use at your activities! Yours will include:
- An activity booklet, tailored to different organisations, packed full of creative, adaptable ideas to help your group explore the work and role of the UK Parliament
- A ballot box which you can use to run your own mock elections, or vote on a debate!
- Bunting to decorate your activity space in true UK Parliament Week style
- Pin badges for you to wear so everyone knows you’re taking part
- A UK Parliament Week placard – take pictures with it and share on social media to show off your activities!
- Wrist bands – get into the festival spirit and encourage people to have their say!
Check out the resources page for additional content to help enhance your UKPW activities including:
- Films helping you to explore how the UK Parliament touches everyone’s lives
- Assembly plans for teachers at primary and secondary schools
- Posters and colouring sheets
We love to see your pictures and hear about your planning and activities. Join in the conversation using our hashtag #UKPW and follow @YourUKParl for the latest updates.