We, us, our means the Corporate Officer of the House of Commons and the Corporate Officer of the House of Lords, acting by the UK Parliament Education and Engagement Service.
You, your means any individual, school, or organisation who register an event for EqualiTeas
EqualiTeas Partner, Partner, Partner organisation has the same meaning as “you, your”.
Throughout these terms and conditions the singular includes the plural.
Partner organisations eligibility criteria
To be a EqualiTeas Partner you must be an organisation that supports parliamentary democracy in the UK, either explicitly or implicitly. You should not be an organisation that in the judgement of the EqualiTeas Team could lead to the House of Commons, House of Lords, or EqualiTeas being criticised because of your inclusion as a Partner.
Any person submitting a request to become a Partner agrees that they are authorised to act on behalf of their organisation, including to provide information to EqualiTeas and to bind their organisation to these terms and conditions. By providing your details you agree that the UK Parliament’s Outreach and Engagement Service may contact your organisation.
On behalf of the Corporate Officer of the House of Commons, the EqualiTeas team agrees to:
- Publish details of Partners’ activities on its website and promote them where appropriate
- Provide Partners with the EqualiTeas logo
- Provide Partners with EqualiTeas promotional and educational materials free of charge
- All organisations wishing to take part in EqualiTeas 2019 must submit a request to be registered as an EqualiTeas Host by completely the form on www.equaliteas.org.uk.
- Once your registration is approved, you will receive an email with details about EqualiTeas resources. The will be generated by our website administrators called Helpful. You must not share any links sent out in this email, (a) with any other organisation, or (b) other than and only to the extent that it is strictly necessary to do so for your organisation to take part in EqualiTeas 2019.
Event or activity eligibility criteria
- Run an event or activity that meets the EqualiTeas aims and objectives. All events and activities accepted as part of the EqualiTeas programme must engage people with the UK Parliament, explore what it means to them and empower them to get involved in their UK Parliament.
- Run that event or activity within the specified EqualiTeas dates.
- Refrain from any activity or use of any EqualiTeas materials or logo in any way which may give the impression, either directly or by implication, that EqualiTeas endorses any particular political viewpoint, organisation, campaign, commercial product, activity or other such similar matter
- Clearly mark your event or activity as being part of EqualiTeas. Your publicity material should include the logo, and you should have a link to the EqualiTeas website on your own website
- Provide all EqualiTeas materials, if supplied, free of charge to the public
- You can charge people to attend your event, but the money must go towards the cost of running the event. You must not make a profit from your event
Information, data and security
The personal data we are collecting and processing is:
- Your name, job title, email address, telephone number, postal address, your IP address and details of which version of web browser you are using.
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques.
Use of your personal data
We will use your information to process and manage your event registration and evaluate the event. By using this service we are relying on the lawful basis of: necessary for the purposes of our public function through public engagement.
Full details of regarding use, storage, security and your rights over personal data are available in our privacy notice.
Health and Safety
EqualiTeas is not responsible for Partners’ events or activities. EqualiTeas does not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from a Partner’s EqualiTeas event or activities. It is for each Partner to make their own assessment as to health and safety and insurance, and to comply with relevant laws.
- If you consent to us sharing your EqualiTeas activity or event details with your local MP, we will give them event information including contact details
- If you are registering an event as a school or an organisation and you submit details about children under the age of 18 as part of your registration, you are responsible for making sure that you take all necessary care to protect their personal data before you send us those details, including by getting permission from their parent or legal guardian if necessary.
All copyright, logos, design rights and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on any EqualiTeas materials remain Parliamentary copyright. You may not deal with EqualiTeas materials in any way except as agreed in these terms and conditions. In particular you must not alter any of the materials.
If you provide any logo or materials to EqualiTeas, you agree that they can be published by EqualiTeas on its website and in any EqualiTeas materials.
You may use the EqualiTeas logo as stated in these terms and conditions, but you must not use the Crowned Portcullis emblem of the Houses of Parliament.
Please note that any materials claimed through participating in EqualiTeas are not to be used for resale. This includes EqualiTeas woven badges.
This section warns you to be careful about sending information over the Internet. It tells you that these terms and conditions might change. And it explains what will happen if something goes wrong.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. It is your responsibility to check that page for any updates.
- We will not be liable for any expenses, loss, or damage, including without limitation any indirect or consequential loss or damage, that you may suffer because of or in connection with EqualiTeas or because you have relied on the information we provided about it on our website.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the law of England and Wales. If there is any dispute between you and us in relation to these terms and conditions, it can only be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales.
- Breach of these terms and conditions entitles the Corporate Officer of the House of Commons to cancel your organisation’s registration as a EqualiTeas Partner without liability and without notice and to withdraw any rights in relation to EqualiTeas accreditations, rights of use and reproduction rights from your organisation. You must not use any EqualiTeas materials if your registration is cancelled.